American Metals Corporation is a subsidiary of Reliance Steel and Aluminum Co.
Our vision is to be the most responsive, quality conscious steel service center in the industry.
Our success results from the shared goals and values focused on the quality of relationships with each other, our customers and suppliers.
Beliefs and Principles
Our values provide a foundation for our actions as we consciously change the organizational structures, processes and methods. These values are displayed in what we do, in the way we treat each other, our customers and our suppliers, in the way we lead and the decisions we make.
- We work to build and maintain trust
- We treat each other with respect, dignity and consideration
- We hold ourselves to the highest standards of honesty and integrity
- We foster equality and tolerance
- We function with regard for the safety of ourselves and others
The spirit of our people is the key to our advantage; it is what makes us unique.
- We encourage participation and involvement in all aspects of our business
- We provide an environment where all are inspired to think creatively and innovatively
- We recognize the value of continual training and education
- We strive for excellence in our work and accept responsibility and accountability
- We value our uniqueness and diversity
Our business is built on the quality of our relationships. Those who interact with and within our organization are the keystone to the viability and success of our business.
- We continually assess our customers’ needs and align our business practices to exceed their expectations
- We seek a win-win partnership with our suppliers
- We interact with our community and with government bodies in a non-judgmental, open manner working towards mutually rewarding decisions and actions
Commitment to our future depends on our ability to work together with the same goals and objectives in mind.
- We share knowledge and information openly and honestly
- We foster teamwork, the elimination of barriers and cooperation
- We see each other as colleagues-not adversaries
- We promote effective communication, share our opinions, actively listen to each other, seek understanding, and are willing to compromise
- We are committed to the continuous improvement of all business practices